4 Key Components to Increase Leads From Your Website
Understanding the strategies to employ to increase the effectiveness of your website can be so complicated and confusing. There are so many opinions and suggestions offered that it becomes difficult to know where to start. For this very reason we’ll cover the 4 key components to increase leads from your website.
Many website owners are unclear on what “effective web design” really means. While a visually appealing website is important – it is equally important that elements on the page be designed with the intended goal of your website in mind. Here are a few areas to consider:
- Professional Clean Design
- Ease of Use
- Clear Concise Navigation
- Free of Defects & Errors
- Appropriate Use of Images & Animations
- Consistency of Design Elements
Anytime you read an article about how to improve your website, the idea of having effective content arises (well it should). It is absolutely essential that your content be written for your intended audience. Additionally, the content needs to clearly and concisely tell your visitor what you NEED them to do next. To accomplish this task most effectively you’ll need to think about the following:
- Who’s the authority in your industry?
- Consistent, Steady & Fresh Content (Consider Blogging!)
- Clear Concise Messaging
- Is your content Social Ready? Hum….
The first question to ask yourself is “Am I being found on the web?” – Just how many visitors are you receiving each daily, weekly, monthly or yearly to your website. It’s imperative to have a clear marketing strategy to drive traffic to your website. Some of the key areas you need to consider are:
- Inbound Links
- On Page SEO techniques & strategies
- Site Structure
- Meta Tags (Title & Description)
- XML Sitemaps (For Search Engines)
- Broken Links (How about those 301 Redirects)
This step can sometimes be the most baffling part of the process. You’re watching your analytics and you know for sure people are visiting your site. Well why the heck aren't they converting?? More questions to ask yourself and topics to think about:
- Just where and what is my “Call To Action”?
- Now what is that thing again – Ah “Above the Fold”
- What long term value can I offer my visitors
- Consistent Tips
- I have a website – Why in the world do I need a landing page too?
The 4 steps outlined above are a foundational building block of what’s needed to generate more traffic and leads to your website. There’s so much to cover that a breakdown of these steps will be presented in 5 series, this being the first. Watch out for Part 2 – Coming Soon!